High School Students to Japan
June 5-19, 2018
Welcome to our place ...
... where we will plan our trip from Denver to Japan in the Summer of 2018
These webpages are for everyone involved in our adventure to find out more about this trip, and to keep informed as we get closer to our departure.
In the box at left are links for you to find out:
- itinerary details
- pricing information
- who else is taking this trip
- some ideas about the foods you might encounter and enjoy - or want to avoid
- information about the people who are helping make this trip happen (travel agents, contacts in our destination cities and so on)
- events going on that you might be interested in because they provide opportunities to prepare and learn for this journey
- some hints and tools to make the trip easier
You will also find links to provide information about the cities we will be visiting, resources you might find useful / helpful, and email addresses for your primary contacts.
NOTE: you must currently be attending high school in the metro Denver area (including Boulder and in between) to be eligible to go on this trip.
We will be exploring the traditional and modern aspects of Japan as well as expanding language skills and cultural understanding through homestays.
What's new on this website?
We are regularly adding and updating pages on the website. To help you keep up with changes, below is a list of the changes in reverse chronological order (most recent at the top).
- 13 February - adjusted pricing to reflect $400 scholarship; adjusted payment dates
- 12 February - added students to Travelers page; updated checklist pages; updated Events page
- 07 February - updated weather, what-to-wear, and laundry pages (see FAQs)
- 22 January - fleshed out itinerary with more details
- 04 January - extended application deadline by two weeks
- 19 December - official selection of travel agency (M.E.M. travel); added trip leaders info under 'Travelers' page; added 'Supporting cast' page
- 11 December - web site minor revisions; available for first announcement
- 10 December - web site major revision;
- 03 December - web site first available